Sunday, March 7, 2010

Peanut butter in Wonderland

Just another fabulous, part bitter, part sweet weekend to brag about.

Friday after a long week in hell (work) I was glad to take off my germ infested scrubs and put the week behind me.

  Saturday morning was my turn for breakfast (jack and I take turns)...  which was nothing more than frosted flakes with cut up bananas.  Finally Jackson gave the frosted flakes a whirl, and just as I thought he loved them. 
  I did my normal Saturday morning chores.. and even better ,Sophias at the age where she can scrub a toilet.  She does a fabulous job I might add.  She thinks it's a reward when I hand her a big bowl of water mixed with pinesol, and rag, and order her to clean the tub.  I allow her to think this is a priveledge, followed by $2.00 for her efforts!

  Jack finally washed my car which has been dreaded by myself, since I knew he'd bitch the whole time about how I don't take care of my brand new car (now 3 years old) and how dare I let it get so dirty.. blah blah blah..   but he did a great job and my little beach mobile (mazda 3 hatchback) looked as good as new and ready to hit the town.

  I was also reminded by my children, how the simplest things make children so happy, and makes being a mommy so easy.. when I was rewarded by a hug and a "mommy your the greatest mommy any one can ever have"  for making a strawberry and peanut jelly sandwich and bbq chips for lunch!   If its that easy to be the best mommy ever, I'll take it!!!! 

 My mom was brave gracious enough to take the grandkids to see Alice in Wonderland.  They loved it.  Sophia gets alittle anxious at times, and was worried that it would be too scary.  But to her surprise, it was nothing that she couldn't handle. 
  Jackson came home looking like he played in poop and butter,with chocolate stains and greasy butter all over his shirt.. and mom said she had to fetch Sophia and Shaelyn (my neice) new 3-d glasses twice since they blocked their view on their old pairs with butter fingerprints. 
Mom said it was great, but probably wouldn't do it again!

 Sunday morning, I was woken up by Jack pushing jackson into my bedroom in his stroller, saying
"look Jackson, there's Shamu sleeping"  
 Jackson was pretending he was a baby, going "da da, goo goo ga ga" and they were pretending they were at Seaworld!   I wanted to laugh, but when I rolled over and realized it was only 7:30am, I had a freak out moment, about how I never get to sleep in anymore (sleeping in for me is like 7:45am)  and I scared them to where they went hurrying out of the room, saying "lets go look at the dolphins".  
 Again. He has this whole, "welcome the morning, singing to the birds attitude".  Totally makes me nutz!!!!

  I spent the rest of my day relaxing.  I did some more organizing around the house. Then... Jackson and I took a trip to Walmart, which turned into a disaster.  I knew it would since it was nap time, totally setting myself up. 
  He faught with me, cause he wanted everything in the store. I told him I would only buy him ONE thing, if he was a good boy.  He seemed to have understood that.  I was thinking like a .99cent matchbox car or something, he was thinking more like sneakers.  He settled for spiderman flip flops instead.  
  I thought i was in the clear until they moved the matchbox cars to the front of the store. 
 Sooo, Jackson told me I was a cutie (in his words) and once again I was suckered by his cute face, and let him pick out a car.  
He carefully examined every car, which took about 20 minutes. No exaggeration, and chose the mystery car.  After that we go to check out. Of course he sees the candy (why do they do that to us?) he then told me he didn't want the car (after already opening it) and wants candy instead.  Im already done paying at thsi point and have 2 bags in my hand. I tell him no, and to put the candy down.  Apparently he doesn't like my answer and takes off running.  
So here I am, 2 bags in hand chasing my son through walmart. 
He's a fast little shit stink.  I couldn't keep up..    Im trying to stay calm, yelling his name every five seconds, in a low but firm, mommys not playing with you voice.. but he then takes off down an isle, to where I can't see him.  So now I start to panic.   Finally he calls my name, and he's behind me.  He takes off running again, laughing at me the whole time and this is my time to put it in turbo and grab him. 
I finally catch up, grab his skinny little arm so hard, that he starts screaming.  I take the candy, put it down on some random end cap, and leave the store. 
He cries all the way home, and I listen to my music like I dont even hear him.  Even though I have a splitting headache, and im still catching my breath from my aisle chase. 
Thank god, the minute we got home he told me I was a mean mommy and fell asleep on the floor in his room.

However, I am glad that I didn't completely give into him. It was a struggle, and would have been easiest to buy him that god awful blue sweetner.... but I stood my ground.. who cares if i looked like a complete lunatic, young mother that had no control over her kid..  in the end, I win.  I didn't give in.  I will gain better control next time, by wearing sneakers instead of flip flops!

Hope you had a nice weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I've learned not to worry about the scenes I make in public places where kids are concerned. And I'm less critical of other families making a big production in the candy aisle and such.

    You can't tell what kind of a mom I am from ONE moment in a grocery store lane. And if you think you can, you're not the kind of person whose opinion I care about anyway.

    So glad you've started a blog. Hope you enjoy doing it as much as I do!