Monday, February 1, 2010

Bon Appetit


Periodically I will share some of my favorite recipes with you. Generally during the week, between work, homework, dog duty, daily housework, family time, etc. I try to find recipes that are quick & easy to make with using few ingredients.. I save the gourmet cooking for the weekends!

Here's a quick and tasty recipe I made last night.
Sorry vegetarians!

Buffalo Chicken salad:

Mix 1/2 cup Italian dressing & 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (Texas Pete buffalo is good stuff)
Reserve 1/2 of the Marinade for salad dressing.
Marinate cut up chicken cubes in the remaining buffalo mixture, for about 15-20 min.(the longer the better of course)
Cook the chicken in a saucepan with the marinade.
Once chicken is cooked and cooled.
Mix the chicken in with your lettuce mixture (onions/tomatoes/whatever you like in a salad), pour in the marinade, top with blue cheese chunks.. I use blue cheese dressing as well.

There you have a it.. Dinner in less than 30minutes!

Btw- Bon Appetit, is an amazing magazine. Alittle fancy, but great recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment